Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Change is good.

I started my post many years ago and every now an than I would update it.  Actually, there are so many things to do and so many content on the web that I nearly forgot I had a blog page started.  Well, it's time to get busy again.

I've decided to change the title of this blog to something more universal.  Now I am focusing more on general programming topic and tips.  Everest ERP system has taught me a lot about programming, but it's a dying Application.  Ever since it was bought out by Versata it has been steadily going down.  Not much has changed over the versions.  The company has a big ego, I am not sure if it's related to the CEO or not.  Let me note a couple of them here.
  • They have a customer satisfaction rating system call "Wow Support".  It seems like such a great program.  Customers are actually Wow about their service.  And they always have a 98% rating.  They show here how Versata Wow is calculated. I am sure they don't lie here, but what they fail to tell you is what they determine "Good, I'm Satisfied" is to be.  Simply there is only yes an no answer.  The one question that gives a good response is, was your problem solved?  In the context of the survey it really shapes the result that they want.  But it's not a scale rating, just a yes or no.  It doesn't survey how long it takes Versata to respond to your issue. It doesn't give you a chance to rate the agent serving you. 
  • In the past, they had a phone system that was so bad, you couldn't hear them.  But now it's not so bad.  But when you did the survey, you couldn't rate that problem or give feedback.
  • Then they got smart and decided that you should call them back instead on a land line number that is not local.  This way they can save some money on the call. Of course, you can't call that number for raising issues.  It's part of their Gotomeeting platform.  Talkin about cheap or just pure genius for the CFO.
  • Versata don't really want to listen to what the customers want.  I always thought the system is very good and it's still is. But what they lack is the API functionality for Credit Card Processing.  They have the object, but somehow refuses to allow access to it.  It's the one thing that can make this application great.  We need it to use on our website at the payment processing part of it.  Using it will seamlessly integrate with the rest of the system. 
That is enough rambling.  I believe all my customers will be moving away from Everest very soon.  They are lagging behind so many other ERP solution providers.  Good luck Versata...Good Luck Everest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment