Thursday, July 9, 2015

Hiring on Guru by SafePay. Not as safe as you think

I've used Guru since 2005 and had great success with hiring people from here.  But I haven't used it in a while.  But Guru added a new feature called SafePay, which I think it is a great feature as it allows the employee to reassure payment and that the employer only agrees.  d

But what they fail to advise or left out an important piece of option. Called "Auto-Pay".  This allows the employees to get paid on a certain day, which most select 7 days.  So if they didn't finish the work, they still get paid.  And there is no way to stop it once you deposit the money on Safepay. There is no way to get a refund or dispute with Guru.  They will not help.  Once the money is transferred, you are pretty much left on your own.

So if you want to avoid this headache, either not deposit any money into safepay amount or don't use Guru at all, which I will no longer use.



If you see by the email with my conversion with Guru, the information that is given during my email, is not revealed readily.  It's actually quite deceiving that they say Safepay allows the employer to know that there is money in the fund to pay for the project and only when the employer agrees with the job then it will be released.  And when I read it, it is was I thought it to be.  The Autopay is not an option for the employer to choose, but for the Employee to control.  

So please becareful about how you work with Guru.  It's very deceptive in how they promote their payment method.

No comments:

Post a Comment